Commitment to the Community
The Firm and our attorneys support professional, civic and nonprofit community organizations by serving as volunteers and committee and board members. Examples of these activities include:
- Greg Hatcher joined the Baby Bundles Board of Directors in 2019. Baby Bundles is a local non-profit that provides newborn essentials to families in need. Hatcher Law Group volunteers for and sponsors events held by Baby Bundles.
- Both Greg Hatcher and Paul DeJesse, Jr. are active members of the Business Leaders of Charlotte (BLOC). Mr. Hatcher is in the Uptown chapter and Mr. DeJesse is in the Ballantyne chapter.
- For several years, Hatcher Law Group has supported the Safe Alliance organization which provides programming and services for survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence and child abuse.
- Greg Hatcher served two terms as committee chair of the Men for Change Breakfast & Silent Auction, an annual event that raises funds for Safe Alliance and its domestic violence prevention and awareness programs. In addition, he and Paul DeJesse, Jr. were members of the event’s executive committee for six years. The Firm’s male attorneys continue to participate in the Men for Change fundraiser.
- Chrissy Melvin has volunteered with the Wills for Heroes program through the North Carolina Bar Association’s Young Lawyer Division since 2010.